Nissanmaniaku! Prosimy o nieblokowanie reklam!    

Utrzymujemy nasze forum z małych reklam pojawiających się między postami.

Prosimy o wyłączenie blokowania reklam na naszym forum.

Dziękujemy!

[ Primera] P11-120 SE SR20DEH

Moderatorzy: Seba WWA, Ryba, Sajmooon, janusz, Zielkq

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

[ Primera] P11-120 SE SR20DEH

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-06-16, 16:02

First of all, I've been reading (or at least trying to) you forum with google translator for some time now. What a great forum and a fantastic community. If only people were so helpful and understanding in my home country. Nissan's are appreciated by some people here, but only if you have a Skyline or a 200sx, other are considered mainly daily drivers and as the second car. It's interesting to see so much enthusiasm you guys have, especially with Primeras. Anyway, I've been having a little PM conversation with Janusz and he convinced me to introduce my car to you guys, so here you go.

A little history of me and my Primera(s).

My journey with Nissan began when I got my drivers license back in 2008. I ihnerited a K10 Micra from my grandpa with very low mileage. It was in tip-top condition allover, never neglected in any ways. After driving with it for nearly a year I got bored of it, mainly because of the 1,2l engine. My parents got a new car in late 2008, a Almera N16 and left me their old car: a 1992 Primera P10 LX.

It had a SR20Di engine which had been replaced with a japanese import because the original engine somehow developed a crack in the cylinder block. When I first got it, it had nearly 400kkm's on the odometer, about 80kkm with the new engine. The body started showing it's age and for every MOT it had to be welded, more or less. Otherwise a very reliable car, always made it home with it. In early 2009 I got into a accident with it, which cost me bonnet, headlamps, grille and a bumper. I found some cheap replacement parts second hand and straightened up the radiator core support a bit. Only problem was that the bonnet and grille were from a different color P10, but considering the age and mileage I just didn't care anymore.

Obrazek

Here's the P10 after the repairs.

In 2012 after some serious welding I got the car through another MOT again, I decided it was time to let it go. I began searching for a replacement and decided it had to be a Primera, because It was fun to drive and I really liked the SR- engine. Time passed and in late 2012 I was beginning to be in quite a hurry to get a new car, because the P10 had to be MOT'd in just two months and I knew there would be to much welding to be done.

I discovered a 1997 2.0 P11 GX from a local car shop's yard. It had nearly 300kkm's on the odometer, but it seemed to be in quite good shape for it's age. It had also a Frigatte cruise control installed, which suprisingly worked as it should. The only fault back then was in the gearbox, second gear had a busted synchro- ring which made shifting, especially downshifting, a bit tricky. After a test drive I decided to buy it. I paid 1500€ for it. I know, a ridiculous amount of money, but I desperately needed a new car back then.

Obrazek

Here's the GX two months before I sold it.

Obrazek
The interior showing the cruise control switch.

Obrazek
And the control box of it.

After only one month of driving with it I began to experience almost every typical fault for a P11, top links, knock sensor, ABS light, sticky rear brake calipers, bad starter, bad alternator and top of the bill, a bad timing chain.

I sorted out most of them, but the worst was still ahead.

So, during the spring of 2013 the timing chain started to rattle pretty badly during startup and after a while it started rattling a bit even during idle. After doing some research I decided to replace the original tensioner with the upgraded one. It seemed to solve the problem, but only for a short time. It was like in the finnish expression "It's like pissing you pants in winter - It only warms you for a while...". So, I decided it was time to replace the timing chain and everything associated with it. Prices here in Finland for OEM parts are ridiculously high, a local Nissan dealer quoted me 1300€ for the new timing chain kit installed. Even the parts formed a respectable 600€ in the final price. That was too much for me and I decided to order a kit from FRsport in the US. It was all OEM and cost me under 300€ including shipping, customs fee and taxes.

The chain seemed to get worse every day and finally in the summer of 2013 I got it changed in a local Nissan service with the total cost of about 800€ including the parts that I bought myself. Hera are a few pics which might clarify why it made such a bad noise, wonder it didn't blow up the whole engine...

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

I was really happy with it then and felt like it would last forever.

Another year passed and winter started coming. During a tire change I took a screwdriver and gently tapped the real wheel arch where the top of the rear strut is mounted. All seemed to be fine until the screwdriver went through the body. I cannot express how dissapointed I felt then. Again, I remembered my battle against rust with the P10 and decided it was time for the GX to go.

So, back to the amazing world of internet and the search for a new car continues. I had my eyes on a late 2001 P11-144 with a SR20DE. It seemed to be perfect. No rust, timing chain kit replaced, well serviced and so on. I even got a loan for it and called the seller. We made a deal that I would buy the car during the same week. Two days later I saw that the ad for the P11 had disappeared. I called the owner and he said that he just sold it. Damn.

So, here I was with a loan on my bank account and nothing to do with it. The search continued. I then spotted a neat looking P11 SE with only 174kkm on the odometer. The ad seemed a little confusing because it stated that it had a 110kW engine. Back then I thought that only GT primeras had a SR20DEH. I called the owner and decided to check it out. Just after chrismas in 2014 I went to see the car. There it was, a 1998 P11-120 SE with a DEH engine. I checked the VIN and it appeared that it had the DEH since it left the assembly line. So, after crawling under the car with a flashlight and, hooking it up to datascan and a precise test drive, I decided to buy it.

Obrazek

Again, I was a proud owner of a P11. Only this time a proud owner of a RARE P11 :-D
The body of the car proved to be in excellent condition and I soon learned why. It had been imported to Finland from Spain in 2010 and the new owner immedietly had a full rust protection done for it.

That's pretty much a long story short, more details will follow. Here are some pics:

Winter mode

Obrazek

And summer mode. I got Tomason TN3 rims with it so I am using those for now.

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Suprisingly this car came originally with a cloth interior. It also had fake wood around the gear stick but I decided to change it because I hated how it looked. The gaitor is from a GT and the knob is a cheap aftermarket one.

Obrazek

The thing that makes this SE stand up from the crowd - SR20DEH.
Obrazek

I will be sharing more details and my future plans with the Primera soon.

Please, if you can, comment in english.
Ostatnio zmieniony 2017-09-13, 19:40 przez Totenkopf, łącznie zmieniany 10 razy.

Awatar użytkownika
Vesp
wiem o czym pisze

Post autor: Vesp » 2016-06-16, 18:15

Nice collection, didn't know P11s came with cruise control or is it some custom mod? Haven't you think about moving it to the one you currently own? Each car seems to have something unique, is it me or the last one came with GT instrument meters, another customized part?

Tho I would swap door handles, chrome loves to attract rust ;)

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-06-16, 18:23

Okay, so here are some specs about the car

Production Month: 12/97
Model: P11-120 SE
Engine :SR20DEH
Color: APO
Trim color: K
More info: Side airbags, Air conditioning, 4x power windows, 6 speakers, keyless entry

"Mods"
-P11 GT gear gaitor
-Intake resonator bracket from older model
-Revised timing chain kit
-Prima- piston rings
-Led strip illumination in odometer
-Cheap chinese shit steering wheel cover
-Tomason TN3 rims for summer
-Exhaust front pipe heat wrapped to help the catalytic converter
-P11 Si seats and door cards
-M215T brake booster

This is the only P11 SE with a SR20DEH engine in Finland as far as I know. It was never in the sale program, the only Primera available with a DEH in Finland was the GT. And even that as a sportdeck. Alltogether the engine was available as an option, as so was the leather interior, which my car didn't get when it was made.

[ Dodano: 2016-06-16, 19:26 ]
Vesp pisze:Nice collection, didn't know P11s came with cruise control or is it some custom mod? Haven't you think about moving it to the one you currently own? Each car seems to have something unique, is it me or the last one came with GT instrument meters, another customized part?

Tho I would swap door handles, chrome loves to attract rust ;)
The frigatte cruise control was available as an option when new. I didn't find it useful when I bought the SE and considered it too much of a job to remove it and install in the SE. The GT combination meter has been there since new, the car has always had a GT engine.
Ostatnio zmieniony 2017-05-13, 09:43 przez Totenkopf, łącznie zmieniany 4 razy.

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-06-16, 19:47

Custom Primera - i haven't seen it yet. Seats from Competence version, steering wheel - SE version, engine and meters - GT version - what can i say?! - I LIKE IT :d

The SE version with SR20DEH it isn't popular. I saw maybe 2 or 3 Primera with SR20DEH, but i can't remember what type of seat was mounted - standard (SLX/GX/), SE (leather), SRI, GT or GT-SE.

Modification, which you should do - replace OEM brake booster for M215T, instal the tower bar, replace all rubber in suspension for polyurethane.
赤い 霊 czyli 日産プリメーラP11GT -> viewtopic.php?t=12560

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Boro1989
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: Boro1989 » 2016-06-16, 19:57

This is the most crazy version of p11 what.i have ever seen :) install front seats from GT you will Like IT :) nice ride overall :)
viewtopic.php?t=4676 - Moja Ruda <3 "Kiedyś będę piękna"

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-06-16, 21:54

Boro, for me the most crazy version is GX with GA16DE, which was so poor, where i was surprised that, the steering wheel was in standard equipment, but not optional :d

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-06-17, 03:26

I've been planning to change the whole interior to a GT one, if I could only find one that is cheap enough and doesn't look like a dog has been using it as a chewing toy. At the moment I am gathering up a "to do"- list.

1. Engine. - DONE
-Prima- piston rings
-Tsubaki- timing chain kit
-Victor Reinz- valve stem seals
-King- rod bearings

2. Engine mounts. - DONE
- Right hand side and front mount by SRL and transmission & rear mount by febest.

3. Suspension.

The usual stuff, shocks, rear shock top mounts, top links, bushings, etc.

4. Bodywork

New emblems allover. The old ones are pretty worn, the chroming is flaking away especially in the Nissan "burger". The bonnet seems to have bended a bit. Maybe a second hand replacement.

5. Electrical work.
-New odometer - DONE
-New headlights. The left hand side one has a hole made by a small stone. It is also a aftermarket one, so I am planning to replace both of them by new OEM ones.
-Possibly a new battery
-Sort out all the bad connections

I have also done quite a bit of maintenance. Here are a few pics.

I replaced the distributor with a reconditioned one. There was a quite large oil leak from the distributor o-ring. After replacing that, I discovered that the internal shaft seal was also leaking oil. I decided not to open it up, because I didn't find any kind of information of the needed seal size. I found a reconditioned one drom a german website for about 150&#8364; (actually it was sold as a brand new one, but it turned out to be reconditioned.).

Here's the old one showing the internal oil leak.
Obrazek

And here's the "new" one with new OEM wires. I found out that the original ones were made by Bougicord and found new ones at Mister-Auto.
Obrazek

The water pump bearing made a slight noise, so I decided to replace it, just in case.
Obrazek

The starter motor was a real pain in the ass to replace. Especially when I did it for the second time. The first replacement was a reconditioned one made by HC-Parts in Ukraine. It lasted only for about 7kkm's when the solenoid decided it didn't want to engage anymore. The new one seems to be a reconditioned Hitachi with a different kind of connector which I had to replace. Here's a pic of the original Magneti Marelli.
Obrazek

I also had Team Heko wind deflectors installed for under one year. I decided to take them off this january, because the adhesive tape didn't last and they seemed to have cause a small leak in the window seals. I also quit smoking so there's really no need for them. Here's a pic of them just installed last summer.
Obrazek

If I'll find OEM ones somewhere cheap enough, I'll install them. But the Heko's are not going back.[/i]
Ostatnio zmieniony 2016-12-18, 13:03 przez Totenkopf, łącznie zmieniany 7 razy.

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-06-17, 14:47

O-ring and seal to distributor - i think about it :]

HEKO wind deflectors - i've good patent to mount this :]

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-06-17, 14:52

janusz pisze: HEKO wind deflectors - i've good patent to mount this :]
Please, share your knowledge :-D

Here's a link where I bought my distributor.
http://www.ototeile.de/product_info.php ... issan.html

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-06-17, 15:13

I use a silicone :d

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

foo
fanatyk nissana
Kontakt:

Post autor: foo » 2016-06-17, 15:22

How did you find us in the depths of the internet? ; ) Welcome !

Also, for the first time I met with such a mix of equipment in P11 . It looks closer to GX . Wolf in sheep's clothing .

SE versions , as my memory serves me , have short transmission as Top Sport GT .

Janusz vs oil consumption - fun for a few pages of description, but the goal achieved.

Good luck with your plans.

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-06-17, 15:33

foo pisze:How did you find us in the depths of the internet? ; ) Welcome !

Also, for the first time I met with such a mix of equipment in P11 . It looks closer to GX . Wolf in sheep's clothing .

SE versions , as my memory serves me , have short transmission as Top Sport GT .

Janusz vs oil consumption - fun for a few pages of description, but the goal achieved.

Good luck with your plans.
As a matter of fact, Janusz was talking about his experiments with engine flushes in the NPOC forum which led me here.

A rather interesting combination indeed. I have learned that everything was available as an option for the SE. It must have been that the poor spanish guy must have ran out of money when choosing the trim level :-D

If I lived in any other country than Finland, I would have swapped the DEH for a VE already. But because the law here is what it is, the swap is never coming to question. Since the SR20VE never got a ECE approval (as far as I know) it isn't possible to get it pass the MOT legally. I would also have to prove that the new engine meets the required emission levels, which might be kinda difficult and extremely expensive, whether I pass the test or not. But an average inspector would never notice the difference if I just took off the NEO VVL sticker from the valve cover.

What about you guys, what kind of emission requirements do you have?

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-06-19, 21:37

Totenkopf pisze:"emission requirements"
Seriously?!

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-06-20, 04:27

Been having a hard time gathering parts for my overhaul. So far the postman has brought me a full gasket set by Victor Reinz and a set of rod bearings by King. Waiting for the timing chain kit to arrive. Tracking code says it is currently somewhere in France. Dunno for sure, I hate the ebay's global shipping program... I also have been told that my piston rings are also on their way. As the expression says, the more you dig, the more you'll find. While washing the car last weekend I spent some time under the bonnet with a flashlight, trying to spot possible leaks. And leaks I found. Seems the water pump is already shot, a dried up stain of coolant had appeared under the pump. Ordered a Aisin one already.

Gave the Primera a proper wash and some autoglym. Funny how the color behaves in different lighting:
Obrazek

Also crossed a milestone today:
Obrazek

[ Dodano: 2016-07-04, 20:34 ]
janusz pisze:
Totenkopf pisze:"emission requirements"
Seriously?!
Seriously.

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-07-06, 19:26

Do something with trip computer. it looks terrible.

220kkm nice mileage - next 220kkm without failure

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-07-06, 19:29

janusz pisze:Do something with trip computer. it looks terrible.
I've tried, but with no results.I swapped the display from another combination meter, still the same thing. Must be something else wrong with it since it does not react to neither of the switches and all the connectors seem to be ok.
https://www.drive2.com/r/nissan/470523357796762534/

VAZ 21013 - summer car
P11 SE SR20DEH AP0 - current
P11 GT SR20DE KH3 - for spare parts
P11 GX SR20De AJ4 - sold
P10 LX SR20Di AG2 - sold

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-07-14, 13:25

Up! :d

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-07-14, 14:10

Up indeed :lol:

After some very frustrating weeks and a dozen of unanswered phonecalls made I am proud to announce that I have gathered up all the necessary parts for my overhaul! :pada:

At this point I would really like to thank Ryba and Janusz for their effort to get me new piston rings.

So, pictures tell more than a thousand words:

I have become the Finnish advert of your club now :mrgreen:
Obrazek

My co-mechanic is doing a pre-assembly inspection
Obrazek

Piston rings, KING- rod bearings and a AISIN- water pump.
Obrazek

Elring- head bolts
Obrazek

Victor Reinz- full gasket set
Obrazek

Tsubaki- full timing chain kit
Obrazek

The upgraded fine-toothed tensioner
Obrazek

And finally I absolutely had to share this with you. Now this is what I call a well engineered package :-D
Thanks janusz!
Obrazek

Today I am going to purchase some new oil and a filter. My battle begins next monday, so I still have some time to do a little shopping If I can think of anything else.

This week I also took on another task that has been waiting to be done. As you may have noticed, my trip computer has been faulty ever since I bought this car. I purchased a new odometer only to find out that it was a newer model which was not going to be a direct swap, thanks to different wiring. So, after talking to janusz about my problem he was kind enough to make me precise instructionsof how to swap the pins and how to make a inverter to convert the ABS- signal voltage.

The swap is now done, besides the inverter. The only downside is that the Airbag light does not work at all on the new odometer, and the mileage show now 6058km's less. I think I can live with that.

Here's the backside of the old odometer 248102F510
Obrazek

And for comparison here's the new one 248102F511
Obrazek

I first labeled every single wire there was to avoid mixing them up
Obrazek

And after getting it all back together the trip computer finally showed signs of life!
Obrazek

There were also some other advantages from this swap. The speedometer error had decreased from 20 to 10km/h @ 100km/h and the rev counter seems to be spot on.

That's all for now, stay tuned.

VAZ 21013 - summer car
P11 GX SR20De AJ4 - sold
P10 LX SR20Di AG2 - sold

Awatar użytkownika
Zielkq
fanatyk nissana
Kontakt:

Post autor: Zielkq » 2016-07-14, 14:57

Totenkopf pisze: The speedometer error had decreased from 20 to 10km/h @ 100km/h a
What's your wheel size? :->
Podróże małe i duże
Pomoc prawna: Adwokat Wrocław
Z YT: "JDM wants to be USDM, Euro wants to be USDM and USDM wants to be Euro."

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-07-14, 15:01

Totenkopf pisze:Now this is what I call a well engineered package
Totenkopf, trust me i'm an engineer :d

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Ad@mus
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: Ad@mus » 2016-07-14, 15:13

Good job mate, you should come to our meeting in Wrocław :D

Now start yours LEGO fun :)
Ostatnio zmieniony 2016-07-14, 15:31 przez Ad@mus, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Sprzedam głowicę do SR20DE lowport po remoncie power up tuning madafaka

450zł-info w giełdzie i na PW

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-07-14, 15:40

Zielkq - I'm running with standard 195/60R15 in the summer and during wintertime I have 185/65R15 Hakkapeliitta 8 tires. Otherwise I wouldn't be even able to stay on the road because of all the ice. I have a navigator to compare the speedometer with. The error has always been quite huge. Everyone else seems to have max. 8km/h error @ 100km/h in Finland. I think I'll have a look at the speedometer sensor when I have enough time.

Janusz - I can imagine you calculating several load factors while packaging :mrgreen:

Ad@mus - Maybe I'll consider it after the overhaul, now it is definetly out of question :mrgreen: I can think of many other things more fun than this :lol:

VAZ 21013 - summer car
P11 GX SR20De AJ4 - sold
P10 LX SR20Di AG2 - sold

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-07-15, 10:03

Totenkopf pisze:I have 185/65R15 Hakkapeliitta 8
What's the price of this tire?

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-07-15, 11:43

janusz pisze:
Totenkopf pisze:I have 185/65R15 Hakkapeliitta 8
What's the price of this tire?
If I remember correctly it was 480 euros for the whole set including installation and balancing. It depends where you get them.

VAZ 21013 - summer car
P11 GX SR20De AJ4 - sold
P10 LX SR20Di AG2 - sold

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-07-19, 23:19

Price - similar like in Poland. But now i think, that this type of tyres is a huge misunderstanding in Poland - in Poland we don't have winter.
I would like to have a winter, when I could use studded tires :d

And spy photo :d
The game was started
Obrazek

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-07-21, 14:28

janusz
- I wish I could give you all the snow and the freezing weather we have here, since I really hate it. There's really nothing wrong with winter, but when it is -35*C outside and all the roads are covered with ice and you have to go to work in the morning, I really wish I lived in some other country :mrgreen:

I am proud to announce that I got the engine overhaul done and everything is working as it should. Here are some pics which I will explain with captions.

The work started on sunday 17th of july. It was a extremely rainy day so I decided to drive the car to the shed early so It could dry and cool down.
Obrazek

I decided that I would take off all the small bits while the engine cooled down.
Obrazek

Exhaust off, radiator off etc. It went just like always with draining the coolant. Most of it went to the bucket like it should but some of it streamed down my sleeve and on the floor :mrgreen:
Obrazek

Took the intake top half off and confirmed what I had seen trough the throttle body: oil everywhere. This has to be one of the biggest design flaws on the roller rocker engine. The baffle plates on the rocker cover arent sufficient enough to remove all the oil from the crankcase ventilation air and it gets sucked back into the intake. Which off course leads to heavy carbon deposits on top of the pistons.
Obrazek

There was even a small puddle of oil on the bottom.
Obrazek

More dirt.
Obrazek

Next are a couple pictures of the valvetrain just to show the overall condition. No scoring and extremely smooth surfaces. The only fault was the light brown tan caused by poor maintenance in the cars earlier life.
Obrazek

This image appears to be a little blueish for some reason. Might be some oil on the camera lens.
Obrazek

Cam sprockets and timing chain were also in good order, but I decided to replace them anyway. I also noted that the JDM chain is actually thicker than the UK one, so that was enough to convince me.
Obrazek

An overall view again.
Obrazek

Took the cams, rockers, shims etc. off. Found some wear marks on the cam caps but nothing to be concerned about.
Obrazek

I kept all the parts organized to help me put everything back where it came from.
Obrazek

Next the engine had cooled off enough for me to take off the head. I think I was a bit too careful while opening the bolts, but I was just paranoid about the head warping and so on :-D Underneath all of it I found this. All of the pistons appeared to be in the same condition. The pattern of the carbon deposit is explained by my use of Redline Si-1 fuel system cleaner. That stuff really works!
Obrazek

The combustion chambers were not as dirty that I expected them to be. I have to say that the CRC gasket remover is a must when doing there things. It work very well on old gaskets and it even looses all the carbon deposits effectively. After cleaning the gasket surface I measured it and for my luck i didn't see any signs of warping.
Obrazek

To my surprise the valve seats were almost like new. No need for grinding. Lucky me. The intake was also quite clean, thanks to the Redline additive.
Obrazek

The valve itself also seemed to be in good condition. The exhaust valves were also ok. I tested them all with liquid just to see if they would leak. And they did not. I spent quite some time with the head while changing the valve stem seals. What a pain in the ass, but worth it.
Obrazek

Here's the main reason for the whole thing. I think that you all have seen enough of these so there's no need for explaining.
Obrazek

Another one. I decided to take the pistons out and put them back in one at a time so I wouldn't mix anything up. I had some troubles with my ring compressing tool but everything worked out fine in the end. The old rings seemed extremely weak, as I presumed.
Obrazek

I am glad that I bought a set of new rod bearings. All of the old ones looked like this. The top one on the right shows some serious wear.
Obrazek

New crank sprocket, timing chain and chain guides installed. The bright yellow mark on the chain is very handy, you can't miss it.
Obrazek

This was the only seriously worn part. Those scoring look very bad to me. I'm glad that I bought the kit.
Obrazek

A top view. I used a bungee cord to prevent the chain from falling. Again, no need for it since it cannot jump off from the crank sprocket but it was just to gime me some peace of mind.
Obrazek

Both oil pans cleaned and installed. I used Loctite 5699 because it meets the OEM requirements and I also have good experiences with their other products.
Obrazek

New head gasket on and everything is ready to go back together. As you can see, the bores are in excellent condition. With the new rings the ring gaps were all withing specs.
Obrazek

The head is back on and torqued by FSM specs with new bolts. I removed and installed the head with the intake manifold on because it seemed too difficult for me to install the intake with the head on. I did take it off while I changed the valve stem seals but put it back on with a new gasket. The hla's were cleaned an bled before installing.
Obrazek

Cams and sprockets installed. I found it extremely difficult to torque the cam sprockets, but with some help I managed to do it.
Obrazek

I left the engine alone for overnight just to let all the liquid gaskets cure. On wednesday at 11:00 after priming lubricating system I fired it up and it started immedietly. At this point there was a major vacuum leak which was caused by a IACV/AAC valve gasket installed wrong way round :mrgreen:
Obrazek

I could have done the whole thing faster but I didn't want to rush with it, just to avoid any mistakes which would cause issues later on. I have now driven the car for about 150km's and It feels alot better when compared to what it was before. It is much more quieter and responses alot faster to throttle.

To sum up the whole thing, I replaced the following parts:
-Piston rings
-Connecting rod bearings
-Valve stem seals
-Timing chain kit
-Head bolts
-Water pump

As they say in Germany: ende gut, alles gut.
Ostatnio zmieniony 2016-07-22, 17:15 przez Totenkopf, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.

VAZ 21013 - summer car
P11 GX SR20De AJ4 - sold
P10 LX SR20Di AG2 - sold

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-07-21, 18:44

Totenkopf
Obrazek

Your engine is clean inside. This orange colour is natural. You should be very happy, that you've clean cylinder head.
The small oil lakes in intake manifold it's something normal. In my engine, the lakes were bigger than yours.

Piston rings - situation like in many SR20, where someone has used a cheap oil and changed it after 17-20kkm.... I think that if you have done more flushing engine, then, these deposits can have be removed

Now you should use a very good oils.

_

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-07-21, 21:01

janusz - what kind of oil do you consider a good quality one? I have used Mobil, Castrol Magnatec, Shell Helix Ultra and Teboil, all of them 5w-40. Now I poured in Nissan 5w-40 which I got for 34&#8364; for a 5l can. I've done some research and it seems to be made by Total. There arent really too many options here when it comes to selecting your engine oil. The biggest brands rule the market and people seem to think that it doesn't matter what brand of oil you use as long as it meets the manufacturers requirements and it's cheap.

VAZ 21013 - summer car
P11 GX SR20De AJ4 - sold
P10 LX SR20Di AG2 - sold

Awatar użytkownika
janusz
fanatyk nissana

Post autor: janusz » 2016-07-21, 21:39

Totenkopf - castrol, mobil - bleeeee. Shell, Total, Elf - ok. Teboil - i never heard about it :d
Write, which oils are available to buy in Finland. Or try to find oil dealers, which isn't popular in Finland :d

pije by paść ...
... padam by wstać ...
... wstaje by pić ...
... pije by żyć

_

Awatar użytkownika
Totenkopf
aktywny forumowicz

Post autor: Totenkopf » 2016-07-21, 21:55

janusz pisze:Totenkopf - castrol, mobil - bleeeee. Shell, Total, Elf - ok. Teboil - i never heard about it :d
Write, which oils are available to buy in Finland. Or try to find oil dealers, which isn't popular in Finland :d
Mobil is the most popular brand in Finland since some of it is actually made here. Teboil is a finnish oil company owned by Russian Lukoil.

Here are a few brands I have actually seen to be available:
-Mobil
-Shell
-Castrol
-Teboil (an oil company in Finland owned by Lukoil)
-Valvoline
-Kendall
-Motul
-Redline
-Neste oils (also a finnish brand)
-Motox (same as Eurol)
-GM
-Champion
-Eurol
-Comma (I have only seen 0w-20, 0w-30 and 5w-30 and all of them were very expensive)
-Liqui Moly

[ Dodano: 2016-07-23, 09:52 ]
Gave the car a proper wash yesterday and some autoglym.

Obrazek

Obrazek

Next week I'll be changing the transmission oil since I have no idea when it has been done the last time. Also ordered new anti roll bar links.
Ostatnio zmieniony 2016-12-18, 13:10 przez Totenkopf, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

VAZ 21013 - summer car
P11 GX SR20De AJ4 - sold
P10 LX SR20Di AG2 - sold

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Zaprezentuj Swoje Nismo”